A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Killing Pumpkins

We went out to Cussin' Bob's today for some barbqued ribs and chicken. The usual suspects were gathered around the fire ruminating on subjects from real estate to pistol calibers.

My little darling had brought along a pumpkin to shoot. I decided this would be a perfect time to show her what a 12 gauge could do. I asked if I could take the first shot. She said I could for a dollar. I raised her right. I paid my dollar.

I took the first shot using my Winchester 1200 and Winchester low recoil 00 buckshot. All nine pellets went completely through the vicious orange desperado.

Seeing the pumpkin guts fly really charged up little Darling, and she loaded up her Western Field 550CD with Remington #9s. She then laid into that pumpkin with a skill that would make Dick Cheney green with envy.

Once she had made certain that big veggie would never again rampage across the lower 48, we rejoined the group of debaters at the fire. Next time.....skeet!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sterno said...

Bet that pumpkin won't mess with her again. Nice shooting!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

From someone who doesn't have a daughter: You're a lucky man!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Rorschach said...

Xavier, Dangit, that daughter of yours is one fine shot, and is the spittin image of my 12 year old to boot. If only I could get my daughter to even CONSIDER shooting (I been trying to talk her into it, but I just haven't had much luck, she busts out crying and begging not to every time I even bring the subject up.)

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home