A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, July 31, 2006

Pawn Shop Circuit: A Forgotten Rifle

Back in April I placed a rifle on lay away at Neil's shop. Today, as I wandered inside, he pulled the rifle from a corner for me. "Uhoh" I said.......I had forgotten about that one. I immediately paid Neil the $100 still owed on the rifle, and thanked him for his kindness in not placing it back into stock. Neil said that was OK, he had forgotten about it too.

The rifle in question is a Winchester 1894 produced in 1964. This particular rifle has features of the pre-64 guns, in that it has a forged receiver, solid pins, machined shell lifter and metal buttplate. The wood is also good on this rifle, although somebody at sometime took a liking to polyurethane. The old Winchester also comes with a micrometer rear sight and a hooded front sight. Total price was $152 after taxes.

I haven't seen any Winchester leverguns for sale since I placed this one on lay away. Perhaps hoarding is beginning to take place after the closing of Winchester. Time will tell. I owe Neil a six pack it seems.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Pawpaw said...

You can make $10.00 on the deal right now. Pawpaw will drive to you, with cash in hand.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xavier, look up Winchester Restorations on the web. They sell a great product to refinish that old Wnchester wood. Done about 50 stocks so far, a nice hobby.

Labman

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean Model 1894?
Cali

12:05 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Duh...... Domo arigato!

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The rifle in question is a Winchester 1984 produced in 1964."

Now THAT is a collector's item. :)

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Winchester Model 1886 in .45-90 manufactured in 1904. Think it may be worth sumpin'? :-)

2:28 AM  
Blogger ColtCCO said...

Nice catch - I can appreciate a rifle of that vintage, especially at such a phenomenal price.

ColtCCO

7:26 AM  
Blogger ChargeOfQuarters said...

What caliber???


Good site, by the way...

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home