A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Sunday Go To Meetin' Commander

There are bar-b-que guns, crab boil guns, and then, there are Sunday go to meeting guns. Click to enlargeThis is a Colt that became the later. When I purchased this stainless Commander, I had little idea what was in store.

I polished the sandblasted rounds down to a more even satin finish after they started getting scuffed up. I went through several sets of grips, before I settled on the present ones, purchased off ebay. My Commander now sports a Dlask trigger, and an Ed Brown memory groove grip safety. I also installed a Wilson Combat barrel bushing, an Ed Brown 20LPI checkered mainspring housing, an 18 pound Wolff mainspring, Novak rear sights, a King's extended thumb safety, and an Ed Brown extended magazine release.

It's a pistol I'm proud to take to church on Easter Sunday. It shoots good too!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Syd said...

Good looking gun. I love the Commander.

Syd

10:48 PM  
Blogger Alpineman, RN said...

Bee-yoo-tiful!

[Alpineman wipes drool from chin...]

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my 70 series all steel Combat Commander. It's still all stock but shoots every time I pull the trigger.

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it challenging to install the Novak?

When doing so, if you need to take off metal, do you take off of the slide dovetail, or the sight?

11:43 AM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I love my commander, too.

It isn't as purty as yours, though.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Keith Walker said...

Xavier,
You are blessed. The Texas CHL does not have a provision for concealed carry in places of worship. :-(

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are using 230 Ball ammo ,goto a 16# spring and a shok buff it will shoot easier and not beat-up that nice frame.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home