A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Stainless GI 45 Progress

I spent the afternoon working on the stainless Springfield GI 45. The stainless steel widespur hammer required me to stone the hooks to .020. The longer Springfield grip safety tang gives just enough protection from hammerbite. I installed a flat mainspring housing with a lighter mainspring.

Next, I installed the Ed Brown extended ambi safety. It required just a little metal to be taken off the lug, and it nicely covered it's hole at all times. The Brown barrel bushing was practically a drop-in part. It only took a little sandpaper to fit. I'm still waiting on my Dlask trigger from ebay.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!! I have enjoyed your site the last year and a half. It is very informative in the aspect of arms.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home