A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pawn Shop Circuit: Missed Opportunity

I drove back over to Neil's pawn shop with the intent to examine the red label Winchester shotguns again. Alas, it was too late. Somebody had purchased them. Cest le' vie. I suppose I should be upset with myself, but the craftsmanship on the special edition Winnies just wasn't up to what I would expect on such a gun.

Neil still had his Ruger MKII. I'm somewhat of an accumulator of the Ruger MKII, and I prefer them with a bit of surface wear so I don't worry about them much. I don't own a 50th Anniversary MKII. I looked this one over, but it just had too much rust to merit $200, 50th anniversary or not. The special edition aspect of the pistol means nothing if it is not like new. If Neil drops the price to $150, I might bite. Until that time, it can remain in his case as a reminder not to price his guns too high. Neil asked how the Colt Commander was doing, and I told him just fine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home