A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Jim Clark Sr. M1911A1 on GunBroker

For the reader who asked, yes, it's a Clark gun. Clark Custom was originally located in Keithville Louisiana. This pistol is an Ithaca M1911A1 with a Clark Slide Guide installed. It has a Bomar rear sight with an undercut front sight. The front strap stippling is typical of a Jim Clark Sr. gun, as are the period grips.

It's a deceptively simple looking pistol, with it's plain Jane trigger, GI thumb safety and GI grip safety, but if Jim Clark Sr. welded up the barrel and installed it, you can bet your britches it will shoot as advertised. If it doesn't, his son will stand by it.

As far as I'm concerned, at $900 it's a deal. I would pay that in a heartbeat if I saw it on a gun store shelf.

Here's a link to my Clark gun, here's a link to it's innards.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger dropdownstairs said...

thank you.
The clark symbol looked much different than yours.
now, I wonder if I sold my norinco and my "Caspian/hard baller" if I would have enough to buy it...

5:20 AM  
Blogger dropdownstairs said...

hey need a "Caspian/hard baller"?
bid is up to 650.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home