A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summer Games

I didn't know where we were going when I hopped into the Jeep with Daddy today. I knew it must be fun and games because he didn't have me dressed in my super dog vest. We drove a while and I got kind of sick, but I didn't puke. Daddy doesn't like it when I puke in the Jeep.

Finally, we got to a big building and we went inside to a huge doggie playground! This place was like Doggieland! There were things to jump over, jump through, run over, and under. The only thing that was missing was an automated belly scratcher. There were a lot of dogs there with their parents, and one by one they got to play on the playground. There were all kinds of dogs, even those weird Dr. Seuss pseudo-dogs. Those foreigner dogs look silly with their strange hairstyles, but I know we are all the same underneath, even if some are still puppies.

I watched them over and over from the stands with Daddy, and I wanted to go play too. One game they had that was really freaking me out was the long dog fun house. They would run in the front and then out the back so quick that they couldn't have checked things out very well inside. That seemed kind of dangerous to me, so every time one ran inside, I would woof a warning to tell them to slow down. They never did. Stupid dogs. If there was something to find in there, they were just running right past it.

I whimpered and wagged my tail at Daddy to tell him I wanted to try, but he just scratched me behind my ears. That's when it dawned on me.......I was at the Doggie Olympics! These guys were pros! Sometimes it takes a head scratchin' to make me realize what's going on, but I pick up on it pretty quick. I notice Daddy scratches his head when he needs to think too. We are a lot alike in that way.

When we went outside, there was this huge water bowl with water flying out of it. It was the weirdest thing I ever saw, almost spooky. They really didn't need to do that, but I guess with dogs coming from all over the world to compete, some of them might not know where the water was. They must have still been looking because I was the only one drinking from it.

It was a fun time, but I really wanted to get to play too. I know I could knock over more sticks than those dogs did, and I could pick them up and bring them to my Daddy too!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sevesteen said...

The first time we saw an Agility event was at the county fair. A young Australian Shepherd was obviously eager--As soon as his handler let him go, he exploded and started running through the obstacles at top speed in the order HE thought they should be run, rather than the official order.

10:29 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Ilsa - you're as smart as all those other dogs-- you could totally pwn that doggie olympics!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home