A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, August 16, 2008

An Epiphany at Breda's Place



I put up a target and loaded the pistol. I got into my stance, consciously controlled my breathing, and thought, "Okay. Strong grip. Sights lined up. Front sight focus." I was having a little internal monologue to calm myself. "Shhhh," I told myself. "Breathe. Slow down." I squeezed the trigger...
Breda falls in love............ Go read.

So often, people eschew the 1911 for reasons that are not rational. Fear of recoil, the desire for "modern" equipment, whatever........ Then they shoot an example of John Moses Browning's finest, and they have an epiphany. They can never look at another handgun in the same way again.

Congratulation Breda. You have found Nirvana.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The spelling is "epiphany."

2:35 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Ops, Thanks anon.....

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So there I was during our usual tuesday target practice session. Plinking away at the paper target with my trusty Buck Mark target pistol...when my shooting partners started to grumble about my "kids" gun and when was I going to start with a "real mans gun"
I harrumped and grumped up the stairs to the rental office. Came back with a Colt 45 Series 80 . A "real mans" gun if I ever saw one!
After putting 2 full magazines downrange....I went back upstairs and bought the thing!!!
I couldn't believe it...the dang thing pulled my grouping in about 50%!!! It's more accurate then I am!!! And that "whump" feeling...ahhh what a visceral feeling.
Now after a year with my baby....and thousands of rounds down range...my shooting buddies aren't offering any more advice!

Steve

9:04 PM  
Blogger Less said...

Congratulation Breda. You have found Nirvana.

...And, I should add, quite possibly, the way to an empty pocket book...

;)

3:50 PM  
Blogger Mauser*Girl said...

I learned to shoot with an M1911. It is still my favorite. :)

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home