A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, December 08, 2008

Another Commuter Bike

A friend had a set of his and hers Huffy mountain bikes gathering rust and dust in his garage. When he offered them to me, I did not hesitate. Click to enlargeI finally brought them home today.

Neither are rideable right now, but with a bit of TLC, I plan to convert the men's bike into an uglified commuter cycle for my son. I've sprayed all the rusted nuts and bolts down with automatic transmission fluid to help loosen them, and I'm making up a parts list. First on the list are two 26 inch road tires. I already have a rear rack from my Toy's R Us clearance buy out. I also have some old Brit bike fenders in the garage, as well as a decent seat.

That will come later though. I'm getting some sleep.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Single speed anyone?

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to this. keep us posted.

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home