A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recruit Training

"These are my recruits. I will train them to the best of my ability. I will develop them into smartly disciplined, physically fit, basically trained Marines, thoroughly indoctrinated in love of Corps and country. I will demand of them, and demonstrate by my own example, the highest standards of personal conduct, morality, and professional skill."
USMC Drill Instructor's Creed
What the heck am I going to do with this recruit? What am I? Do I look like a Gunny? New recruits need discipline, but I think Daddy must have brought home Gomer Pyle! I have never seen such a wiggly squiggly dog in my life!

ilsa ilas ilsa ilsa ilsa ilsa ilsa ilas ilas ilas ilas ilas ilsa
I have to say the kid has spunk. She bounces back from anything. I caught her this afternoon chewing on one of Daddy's bicycle tires. He's not going to like that at all!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we all need the training that comes from the collective experiences that is handed down from all those who precede us. DIs and others pass that on, watch novices screw up, and the let them know what they have done wrong, albeit in a not too gentle fashion, and correct them. But when we reflect years later, we understand and hopefully pass that wisdom on.

Mike

10:15 PM  
Blogger Chris M said...

Ah, but she's a Golden Retriever. She'll look at Daddy with that idiotic yet worshipful and utterly loving grin and be forgiven no matter what she's done.

I know. I have a Golden right now demanding that I pet her. She suffers from Attention Deficit Disorder; no matter how much attention she's given she still believes there's a deficit.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home