A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, March 07, 2009

The Pink Bear

My sister Cassie went to the white coat guy to get tutored a couple of days ago. For a while, I thought Daddy had taken her back to the pound. It was kind of cool to be the only dog...... For about ten minutes. Then I started missing her.

When Daddy brought her home yesterday, I smelled her as soon as he opened the back of the Jeep. Click to enlargeI was in the house too. She doesn't stink that bad, you understand, I just smell sniff for a living.

When she came inside with Daddy, she had a pink squeaky bear. It was really slobbery wet, squeaky, and it already had its ears chewed off! Just right for a German Shepherd! I didn't know she was going to bring me presents!

Then she told me she got the bear because she was so good after she was tutored. Now that was a surprise. She is usually so scatterbrained, unable to concentrate on anything for more than it takes a ball to be thrown. Then, she told me that she slept through the test. That's funny, I slept through my tutoring test too, but I didn't get a pink bear. She must have done really good.

I asked her if I could taste the bear, but she said no, it was hers. Hmmmmmph. I went to Daddy and asked if I could have it. He said "No, it belongs to Cassie."

What to do. I told her I would just take it, but Daddy corrected me quickly. Cats. I had not needed a correction in a while. Click to enlargeI hope it doesn't go into my permanent record. Cassie kept squeaking that bear, and baiting me. It was driving me crazy. I told her I would let her have half my kibbles for a taste of it. She said no.

Squeak squeak squeeeeky squeak. "All my Kibbles?" I asked. Cassie just put the bear in her crate and closed the door. Daddy was tired, so we all had to go to sleep.

When we woke up this morning, we peed and came back inside. I got one of the fuzzy green balls while Cassie was begging for bacon. Daddy gave her a piece, and I dropped the ball to get me some too. Cassie ran after the ball to bring it back to me (she's a retriever sort of dog.) Then she started dancing around with the ball, refusing to surrender it. Oh Hell no! "Gimme my ball!" I snarled, and I took it from her mouth.

Cassie slinked away, saying her feelings were hurt. I think it was all a ploy for more bacon. I wasn't born yesterday. I was rolling around with the green ball in my mouth when she came back in the food room with her pink bear. She dropped it at my nose.

Click to enlarge"Trade?" she asked.

I don't think I've ever coughed up a fuzzy green ball that quickly! I almost spurted out my tonsils! The ball flew across the food room, and Cassie ran after it, her tail switching back and forth. I rolled my eyes at Daddy. He smiled and said "OK".

Oh happy morning! Happy heavenly pink bear day! Such delectable fizzy fuzzy spit! Squeeky Squeak Squeeeeeeak! Fuzzy wuzzy Pink bear! Soft and squishy! Crusty and squeaky! MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm! Piiiiink Bear!

Now I know how Daddy feels at the gun trading stores!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Arthur said...

"Cats."

I'm usually not big into "ilsa thoughts" posts, but that was hilarious. :P

7:47 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Sooooo good, signed, the "Cats" - even though we just stared and thought - Look at them........"Dogs"

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm..."tutored"? I haven't heard that one before...And the G. Shepard has a lovely set of intimidatingly white teeth!!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Home on the Range said...

Barkley asked if he could live at your house.

That was an absolute delight to read. Home with the flu, I thought little would make me smile, but that did.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

X: I'm trying to imagine this. You roll around on the floor with your tongue hanging out when you find a good deal at the gun shop? Heh.

8:15 PM  
Blogger MauserMedic said...

Apparently Ilsa passed out in ecstasy from the trade.....

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's very funny.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well-written, Xavier. You captured the essence of doggish interactions relationships mighty well!

-Sans Authoritas

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ilsa didn't say if she got any bacon. Did she????

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home