A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ouchy Bobo

It started when I was out working some demo sites with Daddy. As I was sniffing out a rat, I felt something cut into my left foot. Scratch me Dammit!I knew I shouldn't have been sniffing rats, but they are so interesting. I guess I learned my lesson!

Anyway, it hurt a bit, but I stayed on task. Daddy tried those boots with me, but I hate them. They suck, are ugly, feel funny and just aren't fashionable. Now i know why he tried to make me wear them. I was hard headed and just wouldn't walk in them though.

Daddy noticed me limping and called off the search. He made me roll over on my back while he checked my paw. I knew he could fix it. He can do anything, even make delicious food come out of the cold box.

Well, Daddy poured some fizzy water on my cut, and then put some white stuff and some sticky silver stuff on it. I'm starting to wonder about his competence. They say he's a nurse, but Damn. I was walking better before he started. Oh well, being injured has it's perks. More Beggin' Strips, please!

DADDY'S NOTE: H2O2 + sterile gauze and duct tape = New dog, one that limps and staggers about.

Cephalexin 500mg bid X 10d

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon, Ilsa. It's a good thing you have such a talented daddy to take care of you.

BruiserB

9:00 AM  
Anonymous OrangeNeckInNY said...

What cut your foot??

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

H2O2?

That's a no-no for humans around here. Is it still protocol for vets?

2:28 PM  
Anonymous tschoppi said...

Xav,
you've got H2O2 just like that with you?

Hope she gets well really quickly ^^

3:04 PM  
Blogger James R. Rummel said...

What a pretty smile.

James

5:29 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

with all due respect, I have some reservations with administering h202 to wounds, as it causes more necrotic tissue and kills any new growth. I have always been instructed to use saline wash. I Know your are a CW nurse and I wonder have I been told wrong from several veterinarians or ???

9:49 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Dave, H2O2 kills off anaerobic bacteria when it releases the O2 molecule. It is great for an initial wash. Once the wound is clean, NS is the way to go.

12:02 AM  
Blogger BOSTON SHEEPDOG said...

What is a "demo site"? Normally I would think that you were looking for a place to demonstrate something. But that does not seem right here with the rats and foot hazards. Just curious.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Demolition

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home