A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, June 29, 2009

Tripod

Last week I researched and ordered a tripod to last me for the rest of my life. What I recieved is a tripod I will surely hand down to my son or daughter. The Manfrotto 055X Pro is one solid piece of equipment. The three section legs are aluminum, with positive locking lugs. The center support quickly goes horizontal if desired.

The Joystick head (322RC2) is the cat's meow. It postively locks in any position when the trigger is released, and it has a quick release to attach onto the bottom of the camera. A locking cam secures the quick release, and a pin lock secures the cam.

The price from Amazon was extremely competitive, and the free shipping was lightning fast. Count this as one of the best investments I've made.......

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think there is anything better than the feeling you get from unwrapping a new investment like that, knowing you've spent a lot of money but have something that will serve you and the kids. (Theirs too, with any luck!)

Jim

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember those ads for Bogen tripods that showed Lester sitting on top of one? I own a Bogen, and have had nothing but good service from the unit.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Mr.Potato said...

I have the manfrotto. It's solid. I have recently been without it for a month because the tighening knob for the center column broke. I had to call manfrotto Usa to have them send it to me.


soo, if you want to hand it down to the grandchildren you might want to get that know while they have'em. :-)

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home