A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Choices Made.

I ordered the studio lights over the weekend. Two AlienBees B800s, a general purpose stand, a heavy duty stand, a shoot through umbrella and the Softlighter II. I also ordered the Cybersync CSR and CST units to activate the lights without a cable tethering the camera to them.

While I wait for the lights to arrive, I am brushing up on my reading about lighting. Lots of information out there.........

I went by Neil's pawn shop. The Model 10 was still on the shelf priced at $299.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I liked that photo flash so much, I wanted to buy one and I don't even own a camera.
Ah, college - the battle of want vs. need.

I have a NEED for a S&W 10, too... Sigh.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

Thought about you at the last Indy 1500: one vendor had a pre-'52 pencil barrel M&P in probably 90% condition buried in a showcase for $245, labeled as a "Model 10".

It was tempting, but I already had one just like it, albeit a pre-war, and really needed ammo...

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So were the units ordered Paul C Buff, Cactus, Pocket Wizards or something else?

I'm interested to see how this goes. I've been thinking about AB's for some time now. Currently 2 SB600, 2 SB800's and 1 SB900 are what I use, but I want more power at times.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know about Strobist.com, right?

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Rick O'Shea said...

Alright, it's the third time you've mentioned it.
Offer him $250 and buy the dadgum gun already...

5:51 AM  
Blogger Crucis said...

I've seen a number of M10's in shops and shows around KC. More than I really expected. I'm looking for another M13 or a snubbie M19, but those are extremely rare. I was fortunate when I found my current M13.

I'm just a wheelgun fan.

WV: sticap

I've some 1911s as well but no hi-caps.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Homer said...

Speaking of umbrella reflectors.... I've wondered if one could be modified, say using coarse mesh screening, into a brass deflector. Thoughts?

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home