A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, December 12, 2005

Smith & Wesson Victory Range Report

I popped into the range during lunch today to run a box of ammo through my new Victory M&P. A friend had brought over a lanyard loop for it, and I installed that. I solved a sticky action problem by gaining a bit of needed clearance between the trigger and triggerguard. Apparently somebody at sometime had cracked a skull with this revolver, slightly altering the triggerguard profile. Finally, I installed some faux stag grips from my parts box.
I shot a box of 50 through the wheelgun, and had no problems. I was not exactly thrilled with the accuracy, almost any revolver I own shoots better. With the beat up muzzle on this gun though, I guess I should not be surprised.
I'm considering keeping the stag grips on the gun. They are starting to grow on me. All in all, I'm happy with this purchase. $150 can buy a heck of a lot worse at the gun counter.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where do you get those targets at and is the center part high lighted or just another color under the center black spot?

P.S. the grips look nice :)

cheers,
Jim

3:52 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

I have a box of 3X5 index cards, literally thousands of them from a previous job. I take a card, and stick a "Shoot & See" spot in the center, or just use a Sharpie to make a spot. I got used to 3X5 index cards as targets in another life.
Often people will leave the leftovers from the "Shoot & See" type targets. i get those spots and just stick them on my cards.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I like the stag, it's a period gun!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home