A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Looking For Sippy

It was after lunch when Daddy loaded me up in the back of the Jeep and I curled up to sleep while he drove and drove. He said we were going to look for a missing sippy. I was kind of worried about that, because I was willing to look, but I didn't really know what a sippy was. I was sleeping like a dog when all of a sudden the vibrations of the Jeep changed and I looked up. Yowsers! The Jeep was in the biggest kennel I had ever seen!

Then suddenly I realized it was the great big spaceship that we had almost been sucked into a month ago! I didn't know what to do.....I got up and I almost lost my lunch, but then I heard Daddy say "It's all right, good girl Ilsa" and I gulped the kibbles back down. He really has a way with words, and I knew he was in control of the Jeep, so I just placed my life in his hands. Before I knew it, he had escaped the spaceship's tractor beam again, and we were heading back to Earth. Click to enlarge

When we landed, and he opened up the rear of the Jeep, I was a little bit ashamed of myself. I was drooling all over, long stringy drool that I had a hard time sucking back up. It had dripped all over, and he knew that I had doubted his ability to evade the moonbeamers. That's not good for a dog to do. He didn't get mad though. He just scratched me behind the ears and said he would be back in a little bit. Then he closed the hatch. I decided the best thing for me to do was to go back to sleep, so I wiped my mouth on my pet rope and I laid back down. My two Corgi sisters were back home, so I didn't have much to do until Daddy came back.

Before long, Daddy came back and opened my hatch. He asked if I wanted some water, and I wagged my tail. He swapped leashes for me, and I hopped out. After I slurped up some hydration from my water bag, I sat down to let him know I was ready to work. Mammy's Cupboard, Natchez MississippiHe told me to heel, and walked me away from the Jeep. Then when we turned around......... Good Lawdy-a-gartion! There was a gargantuan moonbeamer hatching out of a giant red egg right there! I knew it must have been a moonbeamer because it wasn't a dog or a cat or a human at all! It was at least fifty dogs tall, big dogs too!

I barked an alarm to let Daddy know we were about to be attacked, and then I barked some more to make sure that moonbeamer didn't hurt us. I must have really scared it, because it got petrified like cats do when they recognize a dog's superior intellect. It kind of made me wonder if moonbeamers and cats were related. I don't know about that, but if they were, I wouldn't be surprised.

Finally, Daddy loaded me up and took me to a lot of water. I mean a lot of water. He must have thought I was really thirsty after all that barking. He didn't take out my plastic smelly thing, but I took a good whiff of it anyway. Click to enlargeI knew what to do then. I jumped out of the Jeep and tried to remember the scent. I raised my head and sniffed the air for any traces of it on the breeze.

I could smell really well around all that water, because there was a lot of air moving around, but there was a lot of scent too. There was the smell of people, gas stations, fish, grass, shrimp, bugs, and a bunch of other things. I started to try to imagine what a missing sippy might look like, but I knew that it was best that I not do that. I trust my nose.

A bunch of birds suddenly flew up while I was looking for sippy. That kind of spooked me, but I settled back down and tried to smell Sippy in the air again. Click to enlarge

Finally, Daddy took me inside a big house, and we talked to some other people for a while. I didn't say much, I just sat down beside Daddy. He likes that. After a while, he touched a spot on the wall, and the wall opened up! That was pretty weird.

It was a little room, and we went inside it. Then Daddy touched another spot on the wall, and the room jumped! I was afraid the giant moonbeamer had picked us up and we wouldn't ever get out. When a bell rang, the wall opened back up. I need to get a bell like that. When I looked outside the room we were somewhere else. I guess we got lucky that time.

I was happy to get out of that little room! We walked down a corridor to another room and went inside. This one was cool inside, and it even had a chair just for me. Daddy laid down and started snoring, so I curled up beside the door just in case the giant moonbeamer tried anything again. Click to enlarge

When Daddy woke up, my bladder was like a basketball, so I told him I had to go do bidness. He leashed me back up, and we went back to the little room in the wall. This time it put us back where we started from. That's when I realized it was kind of like an inside the house Jeep. We went outside, and I did my bidness. It was already night.

Daddy took me out on a wooden porch that was over the water. I looked up and saw the moon. I started to bark at it, but then Daddy started to sing. I decided to sing too. We performed a midnight opera out on that wooden porch for all the moonbeamers. BurrroooooOOOOO00000OOOOOOoooooo. I guess we pleased our galatical audience, because I could see their eyes winking back at me. I wagged my tail and we went back inside to finish sleeping.

I never did find Sippy. I guess he will have to just stay missing, but I sure had a good time with Daddy.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when you're the dog! Cracks me up every time.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Ed Skinner said...

As I recall, it is pronounced, "Miss Sippy."

6:30 PM  
Blogger red said...

Great post!


What breeder did you get Ilsa from? Is she Czech/Slovakian blood line?

Looks a lot like our GSD:


http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3163/2551808789_067614816a.jpg

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When a bell rang, the wall opened back up. I need to get a bell like that."

That's very funny!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Rorschach said...

So did you find what you were looking for?

9:17 AM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Did you see that other dog like the last time you traveled, Ilsa? I think she still wants to be friends with you.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's prettier all the time.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home